This policy describes the principles, behaviours and ethical standards governing the practice of ‘Responsible Science’ for Lastinghealth. Whilst certain topics are covered by existing national laws and regulations e.g. Reference guide to consent for examination or treatment , this document describes the company’s global commitment beyond legal compliance.
All Lastinghealth staff, as well as its Clients past, present and future.
To give effect to this policy, all Lastinghealth staff are expected to follow any relevant operational standards and procedures consistent with this policy as appropriate.
Bioethics Policy Statement
- To protect its Client's interests and its staff’s reputation, Lastinghealth conducts innovative, high-quality ‘Responsible Science’ to high ethical standards in every aspect, everywhere it operates.
- In this regard, when choosing an environmental toxicology biomarker it believes to be relevant to human health, Lastinghealth will strive to base this choice on the most current, balanced, objective and well regarded, literature evidence.
- Clients will be made aware that many factors contribute to the populations susceptibility to environmental toxicity and a completely accurate risk assessment of these multiple factors is not currently achievable. In this regard, any risk caused by multiple contaminants from various sources may be further complicated by unrelated factors based on an individual’s underlying health status and living conditions. In such situations, any risk assessment can only partly quantify the resulting cumulative risk because to do so comprehensively would require extensive characterisation of the chemicals present, the routes and levels of exposure, and the dose-response relationship for very large numbers of chemicals for which data is not currently available.
- Lastinghealth does not take responsibility to advise Clients on their suitability for a given test.
- Lastinghealth will make every effort to ensure that laboratory test results are relevant and meaningful for the Client – accurate, timely and objective in any inferred meaning.
- Lastinghealth will seek to provide its Clients with access to high quality testing of the Client's human biological samples, by only employing the services of third party laboratories capable of ensuring reliable and reproducible test results.
- To protect its Client's safety, security and peace of mind, Lastinghealth will ensure that appropriate informed consent procedures are followed when contracting with its Clients and that the procedures relating to the protection of Client personal data are applied when it collects or accesses any health information. Lastinghealth will make every effort to ensure that terms presented on its Client consent forms are ‘user-friendly’ and understandable in the context of Client's expectations and always first in the Client's interest.
- In the interest of Client data privacy and dignity, personal and healthcare data will be kept secure and anonymised. Lastinghealth will not attempt to seek financial gain by knowingly allowing access of Clients linked personal and healthcare data to third parties.
- Lastinghealth is committed to working only with 3rd party contractors e.g. laboratory testing services, which embrace standards of ethical behaviour that are consistent with its own.